About Hugh Duncan
Hello! Welcome to my website. I’m a professional and friendly chap who’s completed hundreds of house extensions and loft conversions during my long career in the building trade. I aim to create sympathetic designs that blend into the style of your home – as well as the surrounding properties.
I’ve seen a lot of changes but my experience tells me that people appreciate builders who are trustworthy, honest and reliable. Guys who turn up when they say they will and who understand that being invited to improve someone’s home is quite frankly, a big deal. This is how I like to work:
- Call me to organise a visit to your property. This initial free consultation enables me to give you advice on the various options available, approximate costs and time scales. I may wield my tape measure at this stage!
- I supply a written quote for my work, jargon-free, with all the details of how the extension or conversion will be carried out.
- With your agreement to proceed, I organise a detailed survey on your property and liaise with my architectural partners, who’ll produce detailed plans and drawing for your conversion or extension
- I prepare all the forms and take care of all the planning permission requirements. I oversee all the relevant inspections as work progresses
- I work with a great team of carpenters, plumbers, electricians, roofers etc. I manage the entire process from start to finish, trouble shooting if necessary
- I personally ensure that all work adheres to building regulations, guide and standards
- Once work has started, I keep you up to speed with progress.
- I keep my promises: My team will turn up on time, do the work that we’ve agreed to do and we always tidy up at the end of the day. We’re aware that it’s your home and respect your privacy at all times
- I organise completion and sign-off
- You start enjoying your new space!
Contact me today to find out more or to arrange a free consultation. I work primarily within London and the South East but I’m happy to travel further afield if necessary.